A Catch Phrase Party Game for iPhone
You are the wordsmith. Get your teammates to say the phrase — but remember, you can only use other words.
Gather 4 or more people. Unlike pass and play games, each player has the Other Words app running on their own iPhone or iPad.
If you've enjoyed word guessing party games such as Catch Phrase, Ultimate Catch Phrase, Taboo, or Heads Up!, then
you already know the basics of how to play. Other Words has some important differences though.
- All players run the app on their own device. The apps communicate over your local Wi-Fi network.
- For phrases with multiple words, the wordsmith can share any word guessed correctly by tapping on that word. The word will be revealed on everyone's screen.
- Common words such as "a", "an", "and", "is", "it", and "the" are automatically shared.
- The opposing team can challenge and everyone casts their vote to determine if a rule was broken.
- The timer can be set for 60, 75, or 90 seconds.
- Up to 3 free passes per turn.
- Choose 1, 2, or 3 rounds per game.
- Other Words is free to download – plus free Starter Pack.
- Expansion pack ($2.99) for 2,000+ additional phrases.
- Kid's Pack ($1.99) for 1,000+ phrases geared towards younger players.
Of course, the best way to demonstrate is with a video.